Friday, November 18, 2011

Mondo Juice: One Chic Fruit Place

sandwich, cake and smoothie

I guess serendipity paved the way for me to discover this ultimate chic food place in Robinsons Galleria that serves not only delicious fruit juices and shakes but wonderful gourmet sandwiches and cakes as well.


mondo juice interior

really cute and chic

I was feeling a little low the first time I went here in Mondo Juice. I was supposed to go to Goodles that time because I'm craving for pasta (and I haven't been back to Goodles for quite sometime now) when I past by this ultra-chic food place that I decided to to try this out instead.

look at all those sandwiches and desserts

The place was conservatively small, which I kinda like. It was like having your own personal happy place. Just setting foot here already gave my spirit that much needed boost. Cutesy ambiance aside, I also can't take my eyes off the display case that showcase different kinds of gourmet sandwiches, cakes and pastries. It was a sight to behold.

Right after I ogled at the display case for quite sometime, I went to the counter and placed my order. Here's what I had:

Quench Mondo Size (P165.00)

quench

A combination of strawberry, watermelon, cranberry juice and nectar. A mixture of sweet and tanginess from the fruits combined. One nice thing about their fruit juices and smoothies was that they don't put any type of syrup or sweeteners of any kind. The sweetness of the smoothies and juices were coming from the fruits itself. True to their tagline, "No lies, no whatchamacallits."

Tuscan Sandwich (P160.00)

tuscan

Aside from the delectable fruit juices and smoothie, a must-try in Mondo Juice are their gourmet sandwiches. I was fortunate to try the Tuscan sandwich. It has capicolla ham (and a lot of it as well, I guess Mondo Juice is not a firm believer on scrimping. Hooray for us!) onions and lettuce, mild cheddar cheese, tomato basil spread in a whole-wheat ciabatta bread with black sesame seeds. There's an after note of spice that I detect as well that made me adore this sandwich even more.

I also like the catchy phrases printed on the sandwich wrapper. Phrases like "you're tummy will thank you" and "you smelled like my next sandwich" brought smile to my face.

Oreo Cheesecake (P115.00)

oreo cheesecake

I like this cheesecake. A very simple, no frills cheesecake with a thin chocolate ganache on top and an Oreo crust base. A must try!



I so much enjoyed my first visit here in Mondo Juice that I found myself here in less than a week. This was right after I ate my brunch at KFC. I was looking for a place to get a quick dessert fix. I'm tossing between Mrs. Polly's, Starbucks Coffee or Mondo Juice.  Mondo Juice won the toss up in my head (he-he!). On my second visit, here's what I had:

Chocolate Cake (P 95.00)

chocolate cake

I find this chocolate just okay. Its good but nothing spectacular. Most possibly because I still can't get over the very exquisite chocolate cake I've tried in Cafeccino By Dome. However, this one is already a steal for its price alone.

Walnut Carrot Cake (P60.00)

walnut carrot cake

I like the Walnut Carrot Cake better. A nice crumbly cake and the walnuts added pleasurable crunch in each forkful.

Cappuccino (P 105.00)


Since Mondo Juice specializes in fruit juices and smoothies, the cappuccino was just quite  ordinary. Next time, I'll stick with the juices and smoothies.

coffee & desserts

I'm definitely going back here to Mondo Juice to try the other gourmet sandwiches that they have and the fruit smoothies. I read that their beef pastrami was quite a killer. Till then! ;)

mondo juice in galleria

FYI: Aside from Robinsons Galleria, the fruit bar also have branches in Ali Mall Skyway and at the 4th Floor The Atrium in SM Megamall.


4/F Robinsons Galleria
EDSA cor. Ortigas Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment