Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sebastian's Ice Cream: Blissful Indulgence In Every Spoonful

ice cream and ice cream bar



Ever since I tried the ice cream products here in Sebastian's, I couldn't stop raving about it. It's on top of my ice cream favorites. Personally, Sebastian's is on the same level with international ice cream company such as Haagen Dazs and Ben & Jerry's, in terms of taste and quality. Maybe even better.



menu board

For Sebastian's Ice Cream Studio stalls, the product line is not that many. However, I heard the Sebastian's Cold Comfort in Mall Of Asia offers a wider variety of options which includes pizza ice cream and burger ice cream. If only Mall Of Asia is not too far from my place.

Blueberry Cheesecake/Chocoholics Anonymous

blueberry and chocolate

The very first ice cream I tried in Sebastian's was the single scoop combo of the Blueberry Cheesecake and Chocoholics Anonymous. I was surprised by the rich, creaminess texture of the ice cream. I never thought that an ice cream this good would come from this no frills ice cream stall.

Bite-sized chocolate chips co-mingled with the creaminess of the chocolate ice cream. And bits of blueberry were slightly hidden in the snow white color of vanilla ice cream.

Tibok-Tibok Ice Cream

tibok-tibok

However, nothing prepared me with the goodness that this ice cream holds. Tibok-tibok is a Kapampangan delicacy similar to maja blanca. And that sweet native delicacy was transported into this ice cream creation. Very rich in coconut flavor, bits of latik in each spoonful, I was momentarily mute by its sheer goodness. Definitely, one of the best ice cream I came across thus far.

On another occasion, I came back to Sebastian's Ice Cream Studio in The Podium to try the other flavors they have. Here are my orders:

Dive Bar Dark Chocolate Sea Salt (P100.00)


This ice cream bar could possibly remind you with our childhood favorite, Magnolia's Pinipig Crunch. The chocolate flavor was arresting in its intensity, and the included sea salt was a bold attempt and interplay of salty and sweet. 

Up All Night (P100.00)



As the name suggests, this is a coffee laden ice cream. The coffee flavor echo in each spoonful and it has bits of chocolate for added texture.

Once In A Blue Moon (P125.00)



You guessed it right. This is an ice cream infused with crumbs of bleu cheese. Drizzled with honey, I might say this flavor is something I would still need to get use to. I quite didn't expect the salty (almost savory) counterpoints of the cheese. 



In case you saw a Sebastian's Ice Cream Studio cart, I would highly recommend to try it out and you won't even miss Haagen Dazs and Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. If in case I'm with you and  I saw this cart while we stroll, I would haul you with me to savor the rich, creamy goodness plus the unique flavors to boot that only Sebastian's can pull off with flying colors.



.
4/f The Podium Mall
ADB Ave., Ortigas
Pasig City


No comments:

Post a Comment