Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dome Cafe & Cafeccino By Dome: Luscious Moments

two exceptional cakes

(Note: This is more like a continuation of my previous post. )


Right after our satisfying meal in Cookbook Kitchen, we (Jhen, Darlene & Diselle with two of her office mates) all decided (I might add, with much apprehension) to try out this horror house propped in the middle of Eastwood City Walk. The horror house was inspired by the hit movie Zombadings: Patayin Sa Shokot Si Remington by Jade Castro (who also directed the critically acclaimed Endo and My Big Love), thus the horror house was aptly named Shokot House


shokot house

It was quite a hellish but fun excursion. All of us screamed our lungs out. But we're able to managed to get out, all disheveled and perspiring and still laughing, unmindful of the people sipping their coffee in front of CBTL (where the horror house's exit door was situated).

We all bid our farewell, however I decided to be left behind. I still felt the night was still young (and it's still my rest day the following day that's why I didn't mind staying out late). I walked around to check which place to finally chill before I head back home. Nevertheless, I still ended up with Cafeccino By Dome for my coffee and sugar fix. I was supposed to tag along my friends here right after our dinner, however the Shokot House came in the way, plus Diselle still have work that evening and Jhen already raring to go home to catch the telecast of Pinoy Big Brother.

cafeccino interior

The place was very laid back. Lighting was very subdued. I just find it quite odd that they're playing classical music and pop music in alternate succession. One moment you're listening to a track from The Phantom Of The Opera, and then it will be followed by a Natasha Bedingfield song. Quite an odd mix of playlist.

I'm still quite full so I only managed to gobble two cake slices and a smoothie.

Oreo Smoothie (P140.00)

oreo smoothie

I like the gritty texture of this smoothie because of the crushed Oreos, with a generous amount of whipped cream on top and a single Oreo cookie sandwich. This smoothie was such a delight to sip.

Chocolate Cake (P130.00)

the chocolate cake of my dream

I don't even know where to begin to describe this wonderful, luscious cake. A silky smooth chocolate ganache frosting, moist cake with a chocolate mousse in between and a generous lashes of caramel. I must had a hard time containing my delight to this cake that a lady seated on the next table asked me how the cake was. I could only manage a very lame description of "very moist". This cake possessed me and I've been daydreaming about it ever since.

Dome Carrot Cake (P140.00)

carrot cake

I was equally enthralled with the Carrot Cake as well. With a very smooth and silky cream cheese frosting, and the crumbly texture of the cake, the unmistakable carrot bits on each forkful makes this cake a sure winner.

sugar rush

cafeccino's table setting

Right after consuming the desserts and sipping the smoothie, and as I walked out of Cafeccino, I felt I want something more. I felt I wanted to try the savory offering here aside from the sweets. In Tagalog, bitin pa. 

The next opportunity came in Dome Cafe, Cafeccino's big sister, this time in EDSA-Shangrila Mall

dome cafe's table setting

dome cafe's interior

If the lighting in Cafeccino was subdued, here in Dome Cafe it was dimmer. I had to position myself on a booth with direct light contact so I could somehow get rather decent pictures. When I came here, it seemed I'm the only one who ordered food. Most people I saw were either sipping hot Twinnings teas or coffee. But right after my order came into the table, as if on cue, some of them started to order real food. I just can't help but smile.

With the exception of the two ladies on a table next to mine, who continued their animated chatter while delicately sipping their orders of Coke in can and hot cappuccino.

Nutella Crepe (P150.00)


I was totally surprised when my dessert order was served first. I gave my server a frowned look, but she quickly left my table so she didn't see my questioning look. Another server came in to ask, rather apologetically, if I wanted the dessert to be served later. I just dismissed it and said to let it be. The place was teeming with people that day, and I don't want to groped for attention later on to ask for the dessert after the meal. 

Going back, I so miss Nutella I almost cried in sheer delight once I got a taste of this crepe. They didn't scrimp with the hazelnut chocolate spread. The crepe has that right amount of thinness. And the vanilla ice cream on top added a cool texture to the slightly warm crepe. Spell luscious! =)

Croque Madame (P210.00)


The Croque Madame was good, but not that spectacular. There's only a few bacon strips right beneath the sunny side-up egg (Thank goodness! Its not overcooked!) with some clingy cheese. I was more captivated by the side salad that has that mustard like vinaigrette dressing.  And the lettuce was fresh and crisp. Xoxo! =)

French Onion Soup (P130.00)

french onion soup

A hearty soup, with caramelized onions, chunks of bread (I believe those were croutons) and melting Gruyere cheese. I love the soup, especially the cheese. Big check mark!

Dome Twister (P230.00)

dome twister

A delectably rich chocolate drink with a shot of espresso. Although I find the price quite steep even for a drink of this caliber.

hefty meal

It was a nice meal all in all, the included food items in the menu was very extensive that I'm looking forward visiting again this cafe, either their Eastwood or Shangrila branch in the near future.



dome cafe, edsa-shangrila

Ciao for now! :)


G/F EDSA-Shangrila Mall, Shaw Boulevard.
(02) 635-9746

Cafeccino By Dome

1880 Bldg, E Rodriguez Jr Ave, Eastwood Cyberpark, Libis
(02) 470-3950

No comments:

Post a Comment