Sunday, December 11, 2011

Subway: Just My Kind Of Sandwich

subway meal

This post should have preceded my post regarding Yabu: The House Of Katsu however, I really got excited writing for that specific post that I momentarily overlooked my short, but definitely sweet encounter with Subway. I actually had this Subway meal while waiting for my friends to arrive on the day we watched Breaking Dawn: The Twilight Saga at SM Megamall.

Further delay ensued when I started to write this post a few days ago because of the very hot weather we had despite its already December. I do love hot, sunny weather. However, I abhor it when I'm writing. Somehow, the heat sucks off whatever creative juice my brain has to function properly.

subway interior

cool lighting


The Subway branch in SM Megamall is itsy-bitsy small. Some may even refer to it as cramped, with only two tables to occupy inside this sandwich place. In my case, though, I find it charmingly cute.

nice counter

I was a little caught off-guard when the server started asking me a series of questions about my order. Apparently, they do have a systematic way on how to prepare your sandwich. 


First, you would tell them the type of submarine sandwich you would want to order. I decided to have the Subway Melt. An amalgam of edible slices of chicken, ham, crispy bacon and cheese. Then, I was asked for the bread to use for the sandwich. Choices would be Italian & Wheat, Parmesan Oregano and Honey Oat. I naturally chose Parmesan Oregano since I like cheesy breads. After that, you will be asked for the size of the sandwich. Even though I'm already quite hungry at that time, I modestly chose the 6 inches size instead of the footlong since we're going to eat later so I don't want to stuff myself too much.


subway meal (revealed)


I also asked to put everything on it, all those yummy veggies of lettuce, onions, pickles, olives, cucumbers, the works. And extra jalapeno peppers, too. I always love the spicy note of jalapeno peppers on almost anything. And lastly, the sauce or dressings for the sandwich. Choices are Sweet Onion, Honey Mustard, Oil & Vinegar and Mayonnaise. I chose Honey Mustard. Just writing down all those ingredients makes my mouth water and my stomach grumbles in unison.


I was also asked if I would want to make it into a meal. I gladly obliged. For my drinks of choice, without batting an eyelash, I ordered Hi-C Apple. For the sides, I chose the Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.


Subway Melt 


subway melt


I don't mind that this sandwich overflowed with vegetables in which the meat was almost overshadowed by it. It was delicious. The sweet flavor of the honey mustard dressing blended very well with the mild spiciness of the jalapenos, the crunchiness of the vegetables and the right saltiness of the sliced meat.


Double Chocolate Chip Cookie




This cookie was really big. And its a fudgy, moist cookie instead of the crunchy one. Its also not too sweet as well.


Hi-C Apple




One of my favorite childhood drink. I can't help but to trip down to memory lane as I sip and relish the flavor of this drink.




I really enjoyed the meal I had here in Subway. Might troop back here in the next coming days. Maybe on their more spacious area in the other malls. *wink*




Lower Ground Building A
SM Megamall
EDSA, Ortigas Center
Mandaluyong City


(02)-570-8783


subway.com.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment