Saturday, December 24, 2011

I'm hooked on Big Daddy's Chicken Chops

Big Daddy's Chicken Chop

I've always wanted to try Big Daddy's Chicken ever since I saw Jin Perez of Jin Loves To Eat's post about this famous crispy chicken chop from Taiwan. I initially thought their stall is only located in SM Mall Of Asia. However, when I learned that they do have a stall near my place, which is in Greenhills Theatre Mall, it was an understatement if I tell you that I was gleeful about it. I was ecstatic to no avail that on the evening when I learned of its nearer location, I set out plans to go here as soon as my work is done the following day.


Big Daddy's Chicken (Greenhills Theater Mall)

I didn't find Big Daddy's Chicken at first. I initially thought it was situated outside the Theater Mall, along Starbucks Coffee, Cafe France, Flapjacks and Mrs. Fields Cafe. I suddenly remembered there was a food court just right inside the Theater Mall. The mall itself was not yet open when I arrived there (around quarter to 10 A.M.) Once the mall opened, I immediately went in and saw the Big Daddy's Chicken stall like an apparition. ( Very much akin, I would guess, when Moses saw the burning bush in Mount Sinai, or maybe its just my growling stomach doing all this figure of speech he-he!)


Chicken Chop w/ Rice & Soup Combo (P90.00)


Chicken Chop Chili Flavor w/ Soup Combo


I was supposed to get the Chicken Chop w/ Creamy Pasta Combo (P95.00), however the pasta was not yet available, even the Spiral Potato that I was supposed to order as a side dish was still not available, *big sigh*. So, I settled for the Chicken Chop w/ Rice & Soup combo. The soup was thin in its consistency than I would normally want for a soup of this variety but it satisfied me nevertheless. However, it was the chicken that I'm head over heels for. Very crispy on the outside and ooh-so-tender and juicy on the inside. The chili flavor I requested was indeed spicy. But its the type of spiciness that highlighted the goodness of the chicken instead of overpowering it. 


African Red Bush Tea (P30.00)


African Red Bush Tea


I also ordered the African Red Bush Tea drink to go with my order. A unique drink since this drink contains anti-oxidants, minerals and vitamins taken from Rooibos tea bush.


A second look to their Greenhills branch


Aside from Original and Chili, Big Daddy's Chicken also offers other exciting flavors such as Plum, Nori and Lemon. Hope to try them on my succeeding visits with the pasta combo.




Greenhills Theater Mall (Ground Floor, Food Court Area)
(02) 345-8232


Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment