Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tap Into Your Youth Side w/ TeaTap

teatap welcome cat

Right after my super delicious breakfast meal at Flapjacks, I decided to scout Wilson Street in San Juan to check out this cute tea place called TeaTap my friend Kaz tipped me. She said the place is "super cute and sarap pa ng tea nila." Sharing the same fondness with milk teas as I am, I trust her judgement and decided to check this tea place myself.

I underestimated though, how long Wilson Street is, because it was quite a trek. However, I was rewarded with a glittering view of food establishments poised on either side of the street, restaurants I am hoping to try in the coming days like Gloria Maris and Alex III. I even saw other milk tea places on my way to TeaTap Cafe like ChaTime and Bubble Tea

very green christmas tree

teatap interior

comfy chairs

nice lighting

Kaz was right. I found the place really quite charming and cute. With green being the most predominant hue. I'm really quite fascinated by the light green colored Christmas tree positioned perpendicular in front of the counter instead of the usual dark green. 


They also have a Loyalty card where one could could get a free drink after accumulating a certain number of sticker stamps, similar to other milk tea places I tried that also offers the same type of loyalty/redemption card.

Chocolate Milk Tea (Grande size; P105.00)



chocolate milk tea

cute packaging

I'm quite overwhelmed with the number of milk tea selections here in TeaTap that I zeroed in to a safe choice. Safe choice or not, the Chocolate Milk Tea I ordered was one creamy, delicious milk tea. Very yummy and chocolatey. Nevertheless, I'll be more adventurous the next time around and order the Paris Rose Black or the Apple Fuji milk tea.


For the food items, I was only able to try the appetizers since I'm still quite full with the food that I had earlier in Flapjacks. Hope to try their pasta dishes on my next visit.


Chili Cheese Roll (P100.00)

chili cheese rolls


I love the chili cheese roll. Its not that spicy since the finger chilies were already seeded. It has that nice crunch on the outside from the lumpia-like wrapper that covered the chilies and the right saltiness from the cheese filling. Yum-yum!


Special Takoyaki (P100.00)




A 'Must Try!' caption was placed on the picture of the Special Takoyaki on their menu. I also saw some people inside the milk tea place who had takoyakis on their table. So, I decided to give it a try as well. I didn't quite like this one though, since the texture was too 'mushy' to my liking. Maybe, I expected a more sturdier texture similar to squid balls. I guess its a mere case of one's perception or expectation and I might enjoy this dish the next time.


kozui tea products


nice mural


wish i could take those green mini-christmas trees home


As I checked out the place before I leave, I sighted Kozui Tea products for sale in one wall cabinet. An A-HA! moment dawned on me that this is a sister branch of Kozui Green Tea Cafe located in Tomas Morato. A green tea cafe that I almost tried out, however another cafe that offers chocolate kiss won me over at that time (Hint, Hint! *wink*). However, I would definitely try Kozui the next time I visit Tomas Morato. I've read Kozui offers quite extraordinary dessert line like Mount Fuji and Anmitsu.


I also love the very cute and charming theme of cats in this tea place. I'm more of a cat person so this place really suits me. And with its vibrant, youthful look, its no wonder there were a lot of kids and young adults hanging out here when I visited the place.


teatap in san juan


Before I forget, aside from TeaTap, adjacent to this tea cafe is SimplyLife, also a sister company of Kozui and TeaTap, that offers authentic Korean frozen yoghurt. Its like hitting two birds with one stone. You can have your yummy milk teas in TeaTap and then some frozen delightful yoghurt in SimplyLife, or vice versa. I will definitely try also SimplyLife once I'm back here.


Again, to Kaz, thanks for this tip. I can now add TeaTap to my list of favorite milk teas. :)



P. Guevarra Street cor. Wilson Street
San Juan City.


661-7331


http://www.teatapcafe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment