Friday, February 10, 2012

A Trip Down To Memory Lane At Goodles

pastas at goodles

Goodles has been my favorite hang-out place in Robinsons Galleria along with my peers, especially when I was just starting out as a call center agent on one of those buildings surrounding the mall. My very first visit to Goodles was with Jhen. We thoroughly enjoyed our pastas of choice while we leafed through our chosen magazines as we took advantage of the mall's free wi-fi access. Jhen prefers any white sauce pasta, usually a toss-up between Grape Carbonara and Chicken Vodka. I am the more flexible one, I think I already tried almost all the pasta to-go they're offering but my favorite would be the Seven Layer Lasagna. Its very cheesy, and meaty, and could really fill you up easily. Amped the flavor of your pasta by sprinkling it with more parmesan cheese and for the brave, chili flakes, and you're in for a blissful gourmet pasta experience on a budget. 

Aside Jhen, I was able to tag along my other friends namely: Laurie, Ate Livy, Ofie, Darlene and Karen Anne on my succeeding visits here. On some occasion we also ordered some food to accompany our pasta to-go dishes at Goodles. Most notably, some take-out orders we had from Greenwich Pizza (I believe this was their Snack n' Sip, a choice of either pizza fries or onion rings with drinks on an easy-to-go cup) when I visited Goodles with Laurie and Ate Livy on which the friendly staff didn't mind at all. That's why I really like this pasta place and been coming back here quite a few times.

pastas & garlic breads

However, as I started to explore other possible food places to dine, I inadvertently forgotten about Goodles. But something this good cannot be forgotten that long. Especially if I'm looking  for a good pasta dish which is budget-friendly. On my so-called 'pa-despedida' with my new peers at work, I decided to bring them here, quite surprised that they're not too keen with Goodles but quite excited nevertheless on how the pasta would fare to them.

menu

all-meat

basic meat and creamy sausage & mushroom

sausage arrabiata

Eve and Christelle initially wanted to have the Seven Layer Lasagna, however it was unavailable, made evident with a sticker tape ostensibly plastered on the picture of that particular lasagna dish on the menu. Eve decided to have the Basic Meat (P150.00), with a very potent  amber color of tomato/pasta sauce, melting cheese and lots of ground meat. Christelle followed suit by ordering the same pasta dish as well. Sheila decided to order differently with the Creamy Sausage & Mushroom Pasta (P145.00). I'm craving for something spicy that day so I had the Sausage Arrabiata (P140.00). I felt the spiciness of their arrabiata was quite benign, so I perk it up some more by adding more chili flakes.

When Renz and Alexis arrived belatedly, (from puffing smoke, I presumed), they quickly placed their orders since Eve is craving for some pizza to go along with our pastas and been asking them relentlessly to order one for our group. Renz decided to have yet another Basic Meat order while Alexis opted to have the Creamy Sausage & Mushroom pasta; same with Sheila.

basic meat and creamy sausage & mushroom

bacon cheeseburger pizza

eve putting some pineapple tidbits on her basic meat pasta w/ renz

christelle & sleepyhead alex

christelle enjoying her pasta

shiela & chubby me

Finally, our pizza order came. Piping hot and gleaming from grease. The boys (Renz and Alex) ordered the pizza from Pizza Hut Bistro. Its just a regular-sized Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza. I was quite excited, really, since I became quite addicted to cheesy pizzas after my roll-your-eyes-goodness pizza experiences from Ristorante Bigoli and The Old Spaghetti House. The pizza was quite good, the stringy mozzarella cheese never failed to excite me. However, I would have opted for something exclusively available to Pizza Hut Bistro rather than pizzas readily available to a regular Pizza Hut. I rooted for them to order the Carbonara Pizza, one of the best pizzas I've tried so far that is only available at the Bistro but I also need to consider the preferences of the people I'm dining with. Which, in this case, was what Eve did. She wanted for us to order a Hawaiian Pizza however someone from our group, I can't remember now if its Christelle or Sheila, expressed her dislike of pineapples on her pizzas. So, Eve acquiesced and remedied her craving by placing Del Monte pineapple tidbits on her own pizza slice. I really admire her inventiveness. 


alex, eve, christelle, alex & sheila

It was an enjoyable trip down to memory lane as I share it anew with my peers here at Goodles. Non-stop teasing abounds, peppered with creative banter and witty remarks that borderlined risque, mostly perpetuated by Eve. I was really laughing my head off. After we parted ways, I never thought I would be back at Goodles this soon.


The culprit of this sudden, abrupt visit back to this pasta place was when Goodles posted on their official Facebook fanpage a photo of a wide selection of pastries and desserts on their newest University Mall branch. I almost, almost went there. The only thing that stopped me was my uncertainty on how to get there. But based on Google Maps, the easiest way for me to get there would be to take a cab from Ayala Avenue. Good thing, Goodles also started selling some of their sweet treats on their Galleria branch. That save me the effort (and also the chance of getting lost) of commuting to their other branch in Taft Avenue


Salsa Rossa w/ Shrimps


up-close


bundaberg pink grapefruit


banana walnut cake


banana walnut cake (half-devoured)


On this visit, I ordered the Salsa Rossa w/ Shrimps (P175.00), a tomato-based pasta dish with just a hint of cream. Shrimps was cooked till it became orange in color, therefore it retained its succulent goodness. The mozzarella cheese clung possessively on some of the penne noodles. The additional chili flakes made this desirable pasta dish even more delicious.


For my drink, I had the Bundaberg Pink Grapefruit (P90.00). A brewed beer with a tangy-sweet-citrusy flavor. And real pulp bits swirling on this drink. The Banana Walnut Cake was moist enough, sweet and toothsome. 




I'm so happy that Goodles is now diversifying their menu, even adding desserts, sarsaparillas, beers and now nachos to go with your pastas. And I would definitely plan a visit to their University Mall branch in the future.




4/F, Robinsons Galleria Mall


2121212




Facebook Fan Page

No comments:

Post a Comment