Saturday, February 18, 2012

All Things Nice, Pretty...And Yummy At Sweet Bella Cafe

sweet bella's dessert

I first learned about Sweet Bella Cafe when famous radio jock Delle Arias (of DWRX 93.1) mentioned on Twitter about how yummy the cakes and desserts she tried here. It got me so curious that I immediately Googled it and was instantly in awe of their intricately designed cakes. Whimsical was the first thing that came to my mind as I gaze upon those lovely, too-pretty-to-eat desserts. I was mainly drawn by the butterflies that adorned most of their cakes. I was so fraught by an unquenchable desire to visit this dessert haven of a place that I headed to then named The Fort to see (and experience) Sweet Bella first hand.

Truth be told, I got lost looking for this dessert cafe. I traversed the entire Bonifacio Global City (then called Bonifacio High Street) but to no avail. I got hungry and grabbed a quick lunch at Clawdaddy before I resumed my search. I'm not really good with directions so I hailed a taxi. However, the driver I boarded with was equally unfamiliar as I am with directions. Why were you in this profession in the first place?. When I told him to drop me off on Burgos Circle he dropped me off instead on P. Burgos Street in Makati. My mind raced as I looked at pubs and clubs that lined both sides of P. Burgos Street while I exchanged texts and phone calls to get ample information where Burgos Circle is with two reliable friends, Pau and Pamsy. At last, I was able to hail a cab whose driver has a keener sense of directions and was able to dropped me off to the right place. Right then, I learned to use the trusty Google Map before setting off to a place I'm not familiar with. 


trio


I quite enjoyed the desserts I tried in Sweet Bella the first time, specifically the Trio cake, a combination of coffee, dark and white chocolate that lends to a very rich, intense flavor. Its no wonder I'm back here just recently, but this time to try some of their savory offerings.


sweet bella


inside sweet bella


inside sweet bella (1)


I'm often drawn to food establishments with very feminine interiors and Sweet Bella Cafe were one of those that exudes elegance and femininity. I settled to my seat on the second floor and quickly placed my orders to the attending wait staff.


cafe mocha


shrimp & asparagus penne carbonara


classic chicken caesar salad


The Cafe Mocha (P115.00) was quite very strong, earthy and not too sweet. Delicious! The Shrimp & Asparagus Penne Carbonara (P365.00) was very rich and cheesy. Shrimp was cooked just right same with the single asparagus spear. However, its their Classic Chicken Caesar Salad (P325.00) that I'm head over heels with. The lettuce leaves were crisp, the dressing was pleasantly toothsome and the chicken pieces were very juicy. 


chocolata


Of course, I wouldn't miss not to try at least one dessert before I leave Sweet Bella Cafe. I spied the Chocolata (P220.00) on my way to the second floor landing. When I asked the wait staff for dessert, the Chocolata became my automatic choice. Dark as midnight chocolate cake with embellishment of butterflies in yellow and pink colors. Who could resist this beautiful dessert creation? A moist cake with a very gooey ganache. I had fun eating this dessert, I foregone the utensils at some point and used my hands to tear the mesh-like chocolate wall surrounding the cake and to pick up the butterfly decors. I noticed the guy on a booth across from mine looking at me as I demolish this cake. He immediately withdrew his gaze when I looked back at him. As I polish this dessert, I kept seeing him gazing at me (though perfunctorily) on my peripheral vision. Not sure if he's amused on the way I attacked my dessert or mortified with my lack of finesse in eating, sans the utensils. It didn't bothered me though, I was having the time of my life. *wink*


sweet bella cafe; burgos circle


I've heard the Cafe Monster Burger that they're offering is really good. Another reason to go  back to Sweet Bella Cafe one of these days. Incidentally, Sweet Bella Cafe recently celebrated their 1st  year Anniversary. Yippey!




Forbes Town Center
Burgos Circle, Rizal Drive
Taguig City


844-0680/392-7571


www.sweetbellacafe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment