Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sizzling Good Food At Pepper Lunch

pepper lunch's premium steak

Normally, when I'm buying things for myself it doesn't take me that much time to choose. Let say, if I'm shopping for clothes or accessories, I could be done in thirty minutes. Most possibly because I already know my clothes size so I don't dilly-dally that much, especially if I really like the fabric and the style of the clothing. Its a different story, though, if I'm buying books or buying stuff for my family or friends. I could spend hours and hours inside a bookstore reading the synopses of prospect books to buy and the reviews before finally heading to the counter with my selected books to purchase. I could get nit-picky, on the other hand, buying for other people. Gauging if the items I'm planning to procure would suit the person I would buy it for. The color. The style of the accessory. Will these shoes fit that person's foot size? What if that person already had this same exact cap? I could get too focus on the most frivolous, diminutive details that it borderline manic madness.

Such was the case when I bought stuff for my friends for our get-together which happened just recently. I think I surveyed the entire SM Megamall twice on that specific day. I slowly felt an aching numbness on my tired feet because of constant walking. And my stomach suddenly grumbled, a sure sign I need to stop for a while and provide my body its needed sustenance.

inside pepper lunch

inside pepper lunch (1)

I've always wanted to try Pepper Lunch and check what the fuss is all about. Since I'm already in Megamall, I saw it as an opportunity to finally try this fast-steak restaurant franchise from Tokyo. I was surprised that they follow a number system with regards to which table you would seat. I guess this organized seating arrangement would benefit diners in the long run especially if there's a lot of people inside Pepper Lunch. But I guess one can amend to change to your preferred seat if in case there's not a lot of people dining yet inside.

sliced angus beef

mixed pepper rice

iced tea

I wanted to have the best Pepper Lunch experience possible; which my overtired knees, numbing feet, soupy brain and grumbling stomach just need. I came to Megamall straight from my night shift work in search for those perfect gifts for my friends and I also yearned to be pampered, gastronomically speaking. I decided to have the Sliced Angus Beef w/ drinks (P519.00) from their Premium Beef Steak selection. I'm so glad I did because this sizzling angus beef was one succulent, eye rolling goodness. Brimming with flavor and very peppery, the beef yields easily inside my mouth with little prodding from my tongue and teeth. Trailing behind a slight spicy sensation on my taste buds that makes my mouth water and prompt me to take another piece of the meat. The included vegetable sidings were also very flavorful that I polished it all off along with the beef. Just yummy!

Instead of just regular steamed rice, I ordered for the Mixed Pepper Rice (P40.00), fried rice virtuously sprinkled with ground pepper, anointed with their special sauce and spices mixed with corns and minced spring onions. I was also asked on which cup to put my Nestea iced tea drink as the guy at the counter raises two cups, one was a nondescript white plastic cup and the other one bearing the Pepper Lunch logo. I think its already a no-brainer to asked this since I, or anyone for that matter, would choose the prettier cup. But who knows? :)


pepper lunch's desserts


vanilla crepe cake ala mode


tiramisu


The desserts here in Pepper Lunch are also worth to try. The Vanilla Crepe Cake ala Mode (P145.00) looked so pristine with several layers of crepe smeared in between with vanilla cream. Very light and velvety. The ala mode component was the ice cream served in a ceramic cup with caramel sauce lashing through it. Delicious!


But my favorite would be the Tiramisu (P140.00). I thought this dessert would be all mousse-y but I'm quite surprised that this one has texture and very creamy. It's quite a treat!


pepper lunch; sm megamall


The next time I'm on a shopping errand at SM Megamall (or at any mall, for that matter) and I feel the tiredness of my feet, legs and knees; when my stomach suddenly reminds me it needs to be fed and I spy a Pepper Lunch nearby, I won't skip a beat and would head directly to its door entrance. This time to possibly try their 'Big' Rib-Eye Steak and Spicy Tuna Shake! Shake! Salad.






SM Megamall
Building A, Ground Floor
Mandaluyong City


637-6889


www.pepperlunch.com.ph


Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment