Friday, February 3, 2012

Launch Your Appetite At Lunch Pod

lunch pod's food

I'm one of the many "night crawlers" working in Eton Cyberpod who got excited when Lunch Pod finally opened on the ground floor of our building. This canteen served as a nice respite from the very few food places inside the building which usually just a toss-up between Mini-Stop for quick bites, Mang Inasal or Jollibee. I know the name of the canteen is quite odd but as they say: Never judge a book by its cover. If other food places offers all-day breakfast food, Lunch Pod offers all-day----and night lunch food to cater to people who works in the outsourcing company also located inside the building. Thus, the name implies.


counter

interior

food on display

The canteen's dining area is very compact with sturdy tables and chairs. A quick scan on their menu plastered right behind the counter will show you quite a handful of selection between rice meals, pasta dishes, breads and coffee brews from Caffe Mauro.

cakes & pastries on display

pastry lane

wonderful cake on display

However, what really caught my eye was the mini-patisserie section of the canteen which they called Pastry Lane. You can buy it per slice which they usually put in plastic-type containers or in whole. The display case of cakes as shown above was truly a sight to behold.

sola & beef stroganoff

I got so excited on the very first day of its opening that I literally waited right beside the canteen until they opened its doors to the public. On this first visit I had the Beef Stroganoff Pasta (P105.00) and Sola Raspberry Iced Tea. I so love the pasta dish, the cream sauce was very much akin to Bechamel punctuated by the beefy goodness of the meat. However, something was missing. The garlic bread that goes along with all of their pasta dishes. One of the managers approached me and apologized that they're still preparing the breads. I never took it against them since its their first day to operate so I already expected misses such as these may happen.

choco fudge cake

coffee velvet cake

As for desserts, my server enthusiastically recommended the Choco Fudge Cake (P55.00). The cake was good, actually, with enough ooey-gooey feel that I'm looking for a chocolate cake. However, I like the cake I chose more, the Coffee Velvet Cake (P50.00). A pretty cake slice with a chocolate base, very moist and bursting with coffee flavor. And the added chocolate sprinkles on the side provided a delightful crunch texture.

angel hair spaniola

spamsilog

On my second visit, the service was more assured and relaxed. I tried the Angel Hair SpaniolăAn aglio-olio type pasta with spanish sardines which made it mildly spicy.  It doesn't matter to me if the sardines came from a can or not, I like it. I also like the Spamsilog. Although I'm pretty sure I could also do this at home. I can fry but I can't cook full-scale meals and dishes. I also like the doneness of the sunny side up egg. I don't want the yolk too raw or too cooked. Just right.

cupcakes

cappuccino

For the desserts, I had the Chocolate Chip Cupcake and Blueberry Cupcake. I like the two cupcakes, they didn't scrimp with the chocolate chips on one cupcake and the blueberry bits and streusel toppings on the other. Between the two cupcakes, though, I like the Blueberry more. To go with the desserts I ordered a nice hot and frothy cup of Cappuccino. I never expected that I would like the coffee that much. Its totally invigorating.

flan cake

As I started eating, they gave me another slice of the Flan Cake. I told the server I never ordered for it. He said, almost sheepishly, that it's in the house since I order quite a mouthful. How cool is that? And how cool for my waistline, too? Hehehe...

tomato cream pasta

coffee mouse slice

I visited Lunch Pod once again right after a very crucial turning point in my life. I must have gone else where if only it's not the wee hours of the morning. But what I had here very much compensated to what I wanted to have at that time, which was food comfort. The Tomato Cream Pasta (P95.00) has that right tanginess from the sauce and saltiness from the chopped ham. The Coffee Mousse Slice (P 55.00) was surprisingly more chocolaty in flavor with just a hint of coffee.

free cup of cafe americano

The good thing when you order a dessert in Lunch Pod, you can get a free cup of coffee. I chose to have a Cafe Americano. I only put the brown sugar and drank it straight up black. And it just gave me my much needed caffeine boost.


Lunch Pod will surely launch your appetite to the hilt at an affordable price.

LUNCH POD/PASTRY LANE

G/F Eton Cyberpod
Edsa cor. Ortigas Ave., 
Quezon City

No comments:

Post a Comment