Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Crazy Over Peanut Butter

goodies at PBCo

I'm always intrigued with this food store that specializes in peanut butter, which I would like to call a peanut butter cafe. Since I'm crazy over peanut butter, it proved to be no sweat for me to travel the long stretch of Katipunan Avenue until I reached Regis Center where Peanut Butter Company (PBCo.) is located.

PBCo's facade


inside PBCo


counter


peanut butter selections


PBCo's single concept food store is part of a cluster of restaurant and cafe's that occupy the second floor of Regis Center. Its a charming little place that attracts yuppies and students from nearby schools. There's even a big plasma TV propped on one corner that shows endless music videos. Videos from Adele, Linkin' Park and Taylor Swift kept me company all throughout my stay since I went here just by myself. Although, I'm not the only lonesome diner around.

PBCo also sells peanut butter of every variety: On their official website, it currently list a total of twelve variants which includes creamy, crunchy, butter, cardamon, chili, cinnamon, curry, green tea, sesame, sun dried tomato, white chocolate and dark chocolate. Wow! I wonder how the sun dried tomato and the curry variants taste like?

my PBCo orders

iced tea

PB burger

Dark Chocolate PB Banana Milkshake

I did load on the carbs here at PBCo. The PB Burger (P185.00) was sufficiently thick. It has beef patty, lettuce and tomatoes. All items that you would normally see on a simple burger sandwich. The only difference was the buns was lightly smeared with their signature sesame peanut butter in addition to the peanut cucumber mayo dressing. I actually kinda like the resulting taste.The mixture of sweet, salty and beefiness of the burger tantalizes.

I also like the Dark Chocolate PB Banana Milkshake (P185.00). Though not as thick as I would like it to be, it truly satisfied my milkshake cravings. The dark chocolate flavor highly compliments the banana and vanilla ice cream that was blended together in this drink.

pasta combo

fish diablo pasta

But the one dish that I would definitely go back for would be the Fish Diablo Pasta (P145.00/combo w/ iced tea & regular PB sandwich). I never would have thought peanut butter would go so well on pasta. It has the delectable creamy tomato based sauce lathered with their chili peanut butter with battered dory fillet which was oh-so-tender. A word of caution, this pasta dish was quite spicy. I almost finished the iced tea and slurped my milkshake halfway through as I finished this dish. But, boy, it was good! :)


I would definitely be back to try the other items on their menu. I only just wish they put up a store in the Ortigas area so it would be much nearer to my place. But I didn't mind the long trip to Katipunan at all if the food would be this good. ;)


2/F Regis Center
327 Katipunan Avenue
Quezon City


990-3110

No comments:

Post a Comment