Sunday, April 29, 2012

I'm In Green Tea Heaven

lemon teaz @ kozui

A cafe that serves green tea anything. That's already enough reason for me to check out this zen place for green tea and healthy living aficionados. While most of my friends and acquaintances headed straight to the malls and movie houses to preview the much talked-about Avengers---I, on the other hand, went straight to Tomas Morato for the sole purpose to try out Kozui Green Tea Cafe. I even rode the MRT for the very first time just by myself to check out this green tea haven of a place, which made the trip all the more memorable.



some of the goodies and knickknacks for sale

panoramic wall graffiti

my 'earth-friendly' number/order tracker

Once you enter the cafe, you'll be regaled with the abundance of lush green hues but with a playful touch. I was immediately drawn to the shelf cabinet that showcased Kozui products of tea leaf varieties as well as knickknacks and paraphernalia to make drinking tea pleasurable and fun. I especially like the drinking cup with a smiley face and its tongue stuck upwards. So cute! :) I think its worthy to note that Kozui is a local concept cafe store and its sister companies include TeaTap and Simply Life, the milk tea place and yogurt shop respectively, located at P. Guevarra corner Wilson Street in San Juan. 

Kozui's food


oolong lemon teaz

hot minced spinach soup

ebiko yogurt & fish pasta

I initially wanted to order their Korichio, or green tea frappe drinks. Sadly, the lady at the counter said they do not have whipped cream to go along with the Korichio. So I passed up and ask for her recommendations on the other cold tea drinks they offer. She recommended the Oolong Lemon Teaz, a very refreshing drink with citrusy flavors co-mingling with the oolong tea. According to the menu description of this tea, it has the fragrant smell of bouquet, which was quite true. 

I also had the Hot Minced Spinach Soup. I can't believe a soup this healthy, without a single pork, beef or chicken slice in sight, can be very flavorful. It has all the requisite ingredients health buff enthusiasts would like to have on their diet: soft silken tofu, vermicelli noodles, zucchini, kani slices, onions, shitake mushrooms and of course, minced spinach. Definitely, a must-try.

I also ordered the Ebiko (fish roe) Yogurt & Fish Pasta. Surprisingly, a very creamy pasta that is very pleasing to the palate. I also like the crunchiness of the breaded dory fish. I only just wish they make a spicy variation of this pasta. The addition of bonito flakes on top added more to its charm.

desserts

anmitsu

tearamisu

Of course, I will not leave Kozui without having a fair share of their sweet treat. I was head over heels with their Anmitsu, Kozui's version of halo-halo done the Japanese way. I had the Double Taro variant. Not too sweet but yields a very satisfying cool results that any halo-halo of its variety could offer. You could mix it all in, or just like me, eat it separately and savor each component of this delectable cool treat.

The Tearamisu was quite a killer, too. Layers of sponge cake with a very light vanilla mousse filling with an eye-catching green tea garnish on top. Between the real tiramisu and the healthier green tea version of this cake, I would gladly choose the green tea variant. It's lip-smacking good!

hot tea & cake

matcha tea latte

To end this wonderful green tea experience, I ordered a hot drink in the form of the Matcha Tea Latte. I'm starting to love the taste of matcha. It's smoky, earthy flavor revitalizes me in the same way a good cup of coffee can. The added milk into this wondrous drink made it more appealing. It is truly a zen drink.

gobbled it all up ;)

I polished off all of my orders in no time. As a result, I had an epiphany: I finally found my new love. I found it in green tea and at Kozui.

kozui; tomas morato

Hopefully, the next time I visit Kozui, I could finally try their Korichio green tea frappe drink complete with whipped cream and all the trimmings. :)




258 B Tomas Morato cor. Scout Fernandez
Quezon City

413-2705

1 comment:

  1. There many classes of tea. Sometimes it is served hot and at times its cold.

    ReplyDelete