Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chillax Over Coffee At Tully's

bellaccinos at Tully's

I would never have known the existence of this quaint new coffee shop in BGC had it not for the tweet of food blogger extraordinaire Lori Baltazar on Tully's Coffee. When I finally had the chance to go to BGC, I initially wanted to try dine first either at Serendra or The Strip before going to Tully's. However, I want to know first where Tully's location really is. (It's actually located at the ground floor of McKinley Park Residences right next to Kitchen's Best Home Patisserie, another restaurant favorite of mine) Once I finally found where Tully's actual location, somehow I find it such of a hassle to go back to either The Strip or Serendra to eat and then walk back here to get my coffee fix so I decided to dine at its nearby neighbor, Shi Lin.



bellaccino & gourmet shake

I initially thought that this coffee shop is a Filipino brand, but apparently Tully's Coffee is another franchise coffee chain based in Seattle, Washington. Same with Starbucks Coffee and SBC. So after my sumptuous meal at Shi Lin, I brisk walked straight here to Tully's, trying my best to avoid the members of some "non-profit organization" standing right in front of the coffee shop. They've "harassed" me earlier on my way to Shi Lin. They're quite an aggressive bunch who tried to pull out a "solicitation" from me. They even presented me with a payment plan on how to support their "cause". I smelled bogus in the air and even doubted their affiliation with the NGO they named which is quite reputable. I left them in haste.

mocha bellaccino

espresso cookies & cream shake

For those who know me personally, I do order a lot when I eat out. Even after such a hefty meal at Shi Lin, I still managed to polished off two frappe drinks and two desserts here at Tully's. Insane, I know. But I really do have a large appetite. My Nanay would always scold and prod me to go to the gym and try to loose some weight (which I'm seriously considering to do one of these days. I'm not getting any younger and my metabolism had slowed to a snail's pace as time went by). Still, nothing would stop me from enjoying life's simple pleasures. Such as these wonderful frappes (which they call Bellaccino) and desserts here in Tully's.

The Mocha Bellaccino (P155.00/veinte) hit all the right notes as one would expect for a frappe or dessert coffee of its kind. Just the right espresso kick, chocolatey and creamy. But I truly loved the Espresso Cookies & Cream Gourmet Shake (P155/tall). Nicely thick, rich and sweet. My absolute favorite.

desserts

sugar free turtle pie

cinnamon roll

The Sugar Free Turtle Pie (P145.00) was a real treat for those people following a strict dietary plan of no sugar. Enjoying an ooey-gooey chocolatey sweet without the guilt. I only just notice that sugar free desserts are far too sweet than the regular ones. Their Cinnamon Roll  (P85.00) was possibly the best that I've tried so far. A very flaky crust with a sugary gloss finish and studded with chocolate chips. I put this cinnamon roll in such high adoration.

inside Tully's

children's nook

I went back to Tully's Coffee earlier today (technically yesterday since I'm typing this text way past midnight---and way beyond my bedtime). This time I brought a friend with me, Karen Anne. She was astounded on how big and spacious the interior of the coffee place. Complete with a high ceiling and mezzanine floor area and boxed-type chandeliers. The only observation we had was the place was too dim lighted. I don't know if the coffee shop was patterned to how Tully's Coffee in Seattle looked like but setting up more lights placed strategically would make the interior more inviting. I pointed to Karen the nook area specifically set up for kids and toddlers. I really find that area quite charming. Tully's also offers beverages for kids like Cocoa drinks.

caramel & mocha bellaccino respectively

baked cheesecake

Karen ordered the Mocha Bellaccino. This time, I had the Caramel Bellaccino (P155/veinte). You could definitely taste the notes of caramel on each sip with this delicious dessert coffee drink. I'm really having a love affair with my drink; and with this place. Karen looked at me, wide-eyed with disbelief, when I ordered the Baked Cheesecake (P145.00) as an afterthought. We just had a full set of carbohydrate and fibrous rich riddled lunch, packed with some sweet treats at Slice in Bonifacio High Street Central and I still have the tenacity to order another cake slice here in Tully's. Even I can get surprise sometimes on how I could pack all those calories in.

The reason why I was drawn to this cheesecake because its so simple and unadorned that it looked so pristine. Karen find the cheesecake just so-so but I absolutely liked it. The cheesecake has that custard-like texture. And the mixture of salty-tangy-sweet flavor really delighted my taste buds.

karen anne holding her mocha bellacino drink; her hair was done oh-so-perfectly

pudgy me with my very long, badly needed a haircut hair

Tully's Coffee @ BGC

So far, I adored all the drinks and desserts I've tried at Tully's. However, I still haven't tried any of their hot drinks. Blame it on the scorching summer heat we're having right now. But that would be my next order of business when I go back to Tully's. My now favorite hang out place in BGC.


G/F, McKinley Park Residences
3rd Avenue cor. 31st Street
BGC, Taguig City

661-7723

No comments:

Post a Comment