Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Unbelievably Good Coffee At Lido

wonderful meals at Lido

I first noticed Lido Cocina Tsina when we visited our relatives in Antipolo last Holiday season. We traveled at twilight so the gleaming lights of the restaurant really beckoned to me as we passed their establishment. Even for that one quick moment of seeing the restaurant's facade, I already knew that I would visit this restaurant. That actually did happen on my first (failed) attempt to secure an NBI clearance in Big R Cainta.



fries, hasbrown, iced cafe mocha and sausage mcmuffin w/ egg

I went there a quarter before nine in the morning. I was surprised that the restaurant has not opened yet, with big padlocks and chains securing the front entrance. It looked brooding and dim in stark contrast to the brightly colored Yellow Cab pizzeria already opened at this hour right next door. 

Already in a sulky mood because of a few unfortunate incidents I already encountered that day, plus the fact that I really needed sustenance, I grabbed a quick bite at the nearby McDonalds in Valley Golf. Keeping in mind to eat lightly since I'm still planning to dine at Lido once lunch time strikes. 

@ lido

@ lido (1)

menu

When I came back to Lido around lunch time, the restaurant was already a buzz and well-lit that the brooding facade it showcased earlier was only but a memory. The restaurant's interior is simple and straightforward. When the menu board was handed down to me, I immediately asked if the Pugon Roasted Asado is available since it was ostensibly advertised on each and every nook of the restaurant with tantalizing pictures of the asado supporting it, it even took centerstage on their menu. I almost bolted out the door when I was informed otherwise. After I gathered my resolve, I quickly placed my order.

table setting

mango shake

beef brisket and wanton mami

lido rice

sizzling chicken sate rice

The Beef Brisket and Wonton Mami (P80.00/petite size) was one hearty soup. The slow cooked beef brisket was very succulent and soft, the noodles cooked al dente, and the broth brimming in its umami flavor that I literally closed my eyes when its liquid warmth hits my tongue. I was in a momentary state of stupor.

I didn't expect that the Lido Rice (P175.00) would look (and taste) very much like chopsuey, a dish I'm not really quite fond of. I did forked on the some of the chicken pieces, squid, chorizo and asado that I spied within those heap of vegetables and thickened sauce, but that's just about it. I may not be incline to order this dish in the future but I appreciate the hefty size of it.

I did absolutely love their Sizzling Chicken Sate (P249.00). Chicken breast was my least favorite part but I like the way they cooked it in this sate. They were able to retain the succulent texture of the meat. And that sate sauce is a real killer. A warning though, the sauce spiciness is high voltage level. But then again, my spicy meter level is mid-range compared to others who's really into anything fiery hot. So, judge it yourself and take the challenge.

mango sago

house brewed siphon coffee

with creamer

I was quite disappointed that the Mango Sago dessert (P65.00) was just their Mango Shake (P80.00) placed on a nubbier container. The only difference between the two was the Mango Sago was topped with tapioca balls. Ugh! If I only knew this, I would have ordered Buchi instead even if I'm not really fond of that specific rice dessert. Just to have a different texture on my palate.

But this faux pas was quickly remedied by their House Brewed Siphon Coffee (P68.00). The coffee was quite exceptional that I consider this as one of the best coffees that I've tried. I tasted the coffee without the creamer and it has that earthy tone that titillates my taste bud. But  I'm still girly when it comes to drinking coffee so I put some creamer and muscovado sugar to my cup. The resultant mixture elevated this coffee to stellar status. Its like drinking a caramel infused coffee. I bet this has something to do with their own concoction of creamer that makes this cup of coffee unforgettable.


As I finish off my meal, one of the waitstaff approached me to tell me that they already have the Roasted Asado available. I was so tempted to order but my own propriety of too much self-indulgence reminded me that I already had too much so I beg off. But I would definitely be back to Lido Cocina Tsina by Pacinteria Lido to try the roasted asado dish as well as their Drunken Lechon Macau.


10 Dao Street
cor. Ortigas Ave. Ext.
Cainta Rizal

696-5436



No comments:

Post a Comment