Monday, March 5, 2012

Good Food, Good Eats

at jamba juice

These are food places I really did enjoyed visiting that I would love to be back some time in the future.

Right after a delectable meal at Sweet Bella Cafe, I felt its still too early for me to go home just yet. So, I decided to look for a place to chill. I do have one place in mind as I set off from the cafe; and that's Jamba Juice. I did had a hard time, though, finding this chic fruit place. Not to mention a lot of perspiration sweating out of my skin as if I'm competing against the people who joined the marathon that took place on the night that I'm there at Bonifacio Global City. I even made some inquiries which proved to be futile. So, I checked the address of Jamba Juice through my phone's browser and decided to wait between 7th Avenue cor 29th Street. And, like an apparition, I saw two people emerging from a walled opening right across R.O.X, each clutching (and sipping) their own Jamba Juice sealed plastic cups.  Oftentimes you heard Oprah speaks about A-HA! Moments. I guessed I just had my own A-HA! moment when I saw those two young adults.


counter/kitchen

logo

Jamba Juice striked me as a very colorful, vibrant and spritely place. If you're feeling blue when you enter this fruit place, its a guarantee that you'll be in a happy, preppy mood going out. Thanks to the very friendly and lively 'fruit baristas'. Its also one of the favorite hang-out place here in BGC, evident on the high influx of people coming in to get to try their smoothies and shakes.

caribbean passion

chunky strawberry topper

cinnamon pretzel

I'm so inclined to order from their Creamy Smoothies selections but decided against it. I felt Jamba Juice's strength lies on their fruit smoothies so I chose the Caribbean Passion (P155.00/medium size). Its a mixture of tangy and sweet fruits (passion fruit, mango juice, strawberries, peaches and orange sherbet) and its very refreshing! 


I also had the Fruit & Yogurt Parfait called Chunky Strawberry Topper (P150.00). No doubt a nutritious snack which includes strawberries, non-fat yogurt, soymilk, peanut butter and lots of organic granola and banana slices. I'll admit, this fruit and yogurt parfait would take a little getting to use to on my part. There's too much granola and too much of those banana slices to really taste the yogurt part of this parfait.


I am taken, however, with their Cinnamon Pretzels (P80.00), pillowy soft with the unmistakable heady smell of cinnamon. Best eaten when heated slightly and smeared lightly with butter, which I did when I brought it home. I already consumed so much food at Sweet Bella that the smoothie and the fruit-yogurt-banana-granola parfait was more than enough for me to reach my food limit.


jamba juice; BGC




I might skip the fruit and yogurt parfait on my next visit, but I would definitely try the Creamy Smoothies and California Flatbreads & Wraps.




7th Avenue corner 29th Street 
Bonifacio High Street Central
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City


784-9000


jambajuice.ph


Facebook Page


~~~~~~~~~




On one occasion that I was in EDSA Shang-rila Mall, I intended to dine just lightly. To be specific, the Fish 'n Chips at Fish & Co. To my utter horror, I was informed by [the snobbish, would-only-care-to-retouch-my-blush on] mall receptionist that the Fish & Co. branch at this mall already closed. Sullen (and also fuming due to the receptionist's mirthless reply), I felt the need to be fortified. My listless rambling in the mall's vicinity eventually led me to Cafe Provencal.


at cafe provencal


at cafe provencal (1)


cool chandelier


The restaurant exudes coziness and a very relaxing vibe. As I settled to my seat and greeted warmly by one of the waitstaff, I knew right away that I would have a wonderful time dining here. As I wait for my orders, I kept looking at this unusual but nevertheless magnificent-looking chandelier. Quite interesting!


toast & dip


Complimentary melba toasts with an accompanying dip were handed down to my table as I wait for my meal. I had a grand time dipping the toast to the pesto mayo dressing and munching it with must gusto. A perfect appetizer to revved up my appetite.


ratatouille clam chowder


barbecue porkchops


apple shake


Finally, my orders arrived. I started my meal with the Ratatouille Clam Chowder (P168.00). Not as thick as I would prefer but a satisfying, hearty chowder nevertheless. I can't help but to feel dishearten, though, as I stare at my picture of the Barbecue Porkchops Provencale (P320.00) because it was really an outstanding dish and my unflattering picture of the porkchops does not give justice to it. The meat was really succulent and juicy. I'd easily grabbed a piece of the meat with just a gentle push of my utensils. I forgo the fries and have it replaced with a steaming cup of rice instead. Included dips are the Mediterranean salsa (smashed aubergine and minced tomatoes) and their own concoction of smoky barbecue sauce. Yummy! I finished my meal with a refreshing drink, an Apple Shake (P110.00), which was also quite sweet.


symphony of desserts


I was quite excited to try the desserts here at Cafe Provencal, so I ordered the Symphony Of Desserts (P320.00). It consists of three desserts: Warm Toblerone Bread Pudding, Tiramisu and Fudge Brownie. Served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream topped with a sugar tuile, it looks magnificent but nothing extraordinary. I do like the Toblerone Bread Pudding, though, and was able to finish it along with the vanilla ice cream. 




Cafe Provencal do have an extensive line up of menu that I would definitely consider coming back here. Even if I was not too taken with the dessert that I've tried, I would still give their other desserts a try. The Nutella Beignets on the menu seems to call me. *wink*


CAFE PROVENCAL


2/F, EDSA Shang-rila Mall
Mandaluyong City


631-8046


Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment