Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Best Project Ever

burger, fries & milkshake

Maginhawa Street in Quezon City is a long stretch lined with food places and restaurants on both sides. Unlike Katipunan Ave., Maginhawa Street is more relax due to the fact that its not in the middle of the highway but inside a village (Teacher's Village). However, when I went to Teacher's Village, I was really looking for Pino restaurant. I thought at first its right along Maginhawa Street. I belatedly realized Pino restaurant is located on Malingap Street, an offshoot branch of Maginhawa Street which served as the main street. To cut the story short, I got lost along the way, I even walked as far as where Delish is located. What only stopped me on my way were barking stray dogs that came out of nowhere. There's two of them. Or is it three? Can't remember anymore. They seem to be in a playful mood and I don't want to mess with any of them. As you can see, I do have fear of dogs. Most especially stray dogs, being chased by them quite a few times during my younger days.



As I walked back from where I came from, I passed by one of the very popular burger place in Maginhawa Street, The Burger Project. Its signage has that inviting allure it came to me naturally to just walk right in. Incidentally, both Pino and The Burger Project are owned by popular chef, Ed Bugia.

al fresco area

counter

choices for designer burgers

cute tissue dispenser

When I went to the counter to place my order, I was given a one page checklist on how I could customize my burger, which was really the fun part. But if in case you're scared to make your own burger project; or you don't trust your instinct on how to create that perfect burger sandwich, you can select on any of the Designer Burgers that they recommend. I might try either the French Lick or the Italian Stallion on my next visit.

my burger project

angus beef galore

The checklist customization of the burger in The Burger Project may proved to be unwise on my part, since I'm wont to check almost everything on the list (which I actually did). As far as I can remember, I've checked two Angus beef patties (I was reminded by the girl at the counter that they only cook Angus beef medium rare, which was just fine), lettuce, tomatoes, portobello mushrooms, jalapenos, mozarella and Gruyere cheese. All this cargo to be placed in between two poppy seed buns. My bill for this burger concoction almost reached P700.00, which the girl at the counter reminded me with emphasis in case I change my mind (I didn't) before she punch all of my orders in. I intentionally wanted to use my hand at first to eat this burger, but the sheer size---no, make that girth of the burger deemed it impossible. 


Medium rare cooked beef lent a very juicy, buttery feel on the tongue, it seemed to me. Then the gush of heat from the jalapeno peppers, the sharp flavor and clingy textures of the cheeses, the freshness and tanginess of the lettuce and the tomatoes. This burger could have been perfect if not for the special Burger sauce on it which I find slightly sweet to my liking. But this was one scrumptious burger, indeed.




I really intended to order the Kamote fries (or sweet potato fries) but changed my mind at the last second and checked the choice for the regular French fries before I gave my checklist page back to the girl at the counter. I don't know. Maybe, I got traumatized with the kamote fries that I've tried before at another fast food chain which I really find utterly horrible that made me choose the safe comfort of French fries. The large-cut fries are truly satisfying, though. And I always, always order extra salt to sprinkle onto my fries. I just loved extra-salty fries.

I immensely enjoyed the Choco Peanut Milkshake. I sip it ever so slowly so I could truly appreciate the combination flavors of chocolate and peanut butter. Yummy!

brgr: the burger project; maginhawa st.

Future projects in this burger place would happen again, for sure. And this time, I would battle my fear and finally try their Kamote fries.


122 Maginhawa St.,
Teachers Village, Quezon City

351-7474

No comments:

Post a Comment