Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Favorites At Jollibee

comforting food at jollibee

My quintessential favorites from Jollibee were the ones that they already phased out, namely the Amazing Aloha and the Cheesy Bacon Mushroom burgers. I remember during my adolescent days that I would always look forward going out to the malls on weekends so I could coax my Nanay for us to eat at Jollibee. And I would always order either the Amazing Aloha or the Cheesy Bacon Mushroom. My fondness memory of Jollibee would be right after my college graduation ceremony in CCP. Me, my Nanay and my Tita immediately went to the nearest Jollibee fastfood store right after the rites so I could have my deluxe graduation meal; which was an Amazing Aloha burger, large fries and large Coke



My fervent love to those burgers stamped out from Jollibee's menu cannot be said the same to the current ones being offered. Even Jollibee's Champ isn't enough to incite that excitement that I felt from those burgers. But I do have other favorites from Jollibee that I would surely keep coming back to and I would enumerate them all here.

spicy chicken joy

flavored crispy fries

burger steak

tuna pie


hash brown burger

Ever since the demise of those two burgers, the Spicy Chicken Joy replaced it as my most ordered item at Jollibee. I don't think I would ever get tired of those crispylicious and juicylicious chicken. The level of spiciness differs from time to time. I usually order two-piece of the spicy chicken joy with extra rice and a large Coke Light. And on some days, I would order the mushroom gravy-filled Burger Steak.

To be honest, I'm not really fond of Jollibee's Crispy Fries. Not until they introduced their flavored fries variant. I especially like the Sour Cream. Its salty and has that lingering spice that would make you pop those fries into your mouth one after another. The zesty Tuna Pie is large enough for me to consider it a meal on its own.


I'm more inclined to order the Hash Brown Burger over the Regular Yum and TLC. The hash brown burger is undeniably oily (which hash brown isn't, anyway?). As soon as I bite into it, I would get instant lip gloss which I didn't mind at all. I guess that's part of this burger's attraction to me. Best served when its piping hot.


grilled pork tenders


chicken & mushroom pasta w/ spicy chicken joy

creamy macaroni soup


I may not be head over heels with their Chicken Barbecue but I'm definitely am with their Grilled Pork Tenders. Thinly sliced pork that's absolutely soft. Sweet with a lingering peppery flavor. I adore this pork rice meal to no end. The Chicken & Mushroom Pasta is already a passable pasta dish for grown-ups. Less of the sweet taste and more herby and tangy. There were not quite consistent though with the Creamy Macaroni Soup. On one branch this soup was really creamy and thick, almost bisque-like which really got me hook. However, on the other branch where I've tried it, the soup was watery in its consistency. Hope they standardized the way they prepare, not only this soup, but on all items on their menu.







I always order sundaes at Jollibee on each and every meal that I had here. I would usually have the rocky road variant which has bits of Red Ribbon's fudgy brownies on it and sometimes lashes of caramel syrup. With the Peach Mango Pie, I always cracked it open in the middle and blow lightly on its proffered fillings because its really quite hot. 


But my latest obsession among their dessert line up would be the Sundae Mix-Ins Milo Blast. A permutation of their Swirly Bitz's Cookies 'n Cream, it's described as their signature creamy vanilla soft serve razzled with crushed cookies, Milo cereal balls and Milo powder. And its really a razzle-me-dazzle-me type of soft serve dessert.


By the way, check out Jollibee's international link on their official website so you would also see how different Jollibee's menu on other parts of the globe. I just discovered that they still offer the Amazing Aloha burger in their North America branches. I'm now wishful thinking that the same thing would happen here.




www.jollibee.com.ph


Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment