Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Chicken That Loves To Cluck

chicken meal @ Clucky's

While everyone seems to be going gaga over the twice cooked chicken of BonChon, several restaurant wannabees are trying to get a slice of that crazed market. One of which is Manang's Chicken which I'm not really that fond of because the last time I've tried their chicken, I find the sauce coating the chicken too sweet and salty. One that fares better on my palate and could possibly get a big slice of that pie market that BonChon currently dominate is Clucky's.


counter

inside Clucky's

another view of the counter

Tucked away at the ground level of Rockwell Business Center in Ortigas, right in between the 7-Eleven convenient store and Hobbies Barbecue, I was brought here by my friend Gael who already tried the resto before and vouched that the chicken here is BonChon caliber.

menu (photo grabbed from Clucky's facebook page)

drumstick meal

wings meal

Gael always have two straws on her soda ;)

Same with its international competitor, you also have an option to choose between soy garlic or spicy for your chicken. Upon tasting the chicken (I naturally chose the spicy variant), I told Gael that the chicken was "Not bad. Not bad at all." Crispy chicken skin with juicy meat inside. The spiciness was not that overpowering but I still slurped a lot from my upgraded soda drink in between bites of the chicken. I just find the side of creamed corn a little off for my taste.

chicken burger

kimchi fried rice

Just recently, me and Gael had an errand to do in Rockwell Business Center and saw this as an opportunity to try back Clucky's. This time I tried the Chicken Burger. They have an ongoing promo of free upsize to large parmesan fries when you order the chicken burger which I availed without batting an eyelash. I also asked for my drink to be upsized for just P10.00. 

One thing I appreciate with the chicken burger was that the lettuce was fresh and really crisp. I could hear and audible crunch as I bite into the burger. The chicken itself was moist enough with a very appealing sweet-spicy sauce. For the fries, it has that satisfying starchy quality to it and has a hint of spice.

I was able to try Gael's order of Kimchi Fried Rice. I like the prominent flavors of spice on this fried rice that I would like to order this for myself next time.

yummy chicken burger

Clucky's @ Rockwell Business Center

If ever I would end up working in Rockwell Business Center in the future and I'm on a tight budget, I wouldn't mind going to Clucky's numerous times to relish those awesome spicy chicken. I've read their salads are a killer, too. Might try that next time. *wink*


G/F, Tower 2
Rockwell Business Center
Ortigas Ave.
Pasig City

(02)234-1401

Facebook Page

Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment