Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Hot Pot To Wave The Rainy Blues Away

food at Seoul Garden Hot Pot

It has been raining cats and dogs the previous week in Manila because of a tropical depression. Usually the heavy downpour would be at the wee hours of the morning which---Hello! Hello!---the time of my current shift to the BPO company that I'm currently working with. Although I'm quite immune to all sorts of ill, it took its toll on me finally after getting myself soaked wet for two consecutive days.


cool interior

booths

I chanced upon Seoul Garden Hot Pot in Robinsons Galleria when I went here to watch Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Apparently this is a variation of the Seoul Garden in SM City North EDSA which is more of a Korean BBQ buffet restaurant. This branch in Galleria offers more on hot pot or soups.

To be honest, I was really craving for doughy, cheesy pizzas that time but I was already feeling under the weather so the warmth of a hot soup would suit me best. I was deciding between Rai Rai Ken and Seoul Garden but decided in favor of the later. Aside from the fact that it's new, I was also drawn with the pictures of veggies and ingredients in full color that lined up their wall. There was even a little inscription about some of the dishes they serve at Seoul Garden printed on the wall.

starters

lychee drink

Koreans love sides or appetizers on their meals. But Seoul Garden has the most minuscule of appetizers among the Korean restaurants I've tried. Oh, well!

I've been so deprived of drinking iced cold drinks because of my colds and flu that I find it a relief to finally order their Lychee Drink (P85.00). Not that cold but very refreshing. But I guess this drink what also triggered my sore throat for the next few days. How stubborn, you might say. ;)

Korean pancake

Potato Salad

Hot Pot Jijage w/ Shellfish

With a quick look at their menu, prices were quite affordable and not at all intimidating. The waitstaff were attentive and helpful enough in guiding me on how my hot pot soup would be prepared. The Hot Pot Jijage w/ Shellfish (P249.00) was served in a very big pot good enough for two. Bursting with umami goodness, the ramen soup liquid warmth was just what I need to remove momentarily the coldness that my body felt. I would say the soup was served right on time when a heavy downpour once again commenced and I clearly saw all the happening from the mall's roof skylight. I just find the inclusion of a bowl of rice seemed out of place.

The Korean Seafood Pancake (P109.00), for some odd reason, kind of reminded me of ukoy but with a rather softer texture. Maybe because of the batter that was used was very much similar in taste to the ukoy that my Tita sometimes cook for our family.

The Korean Potato Salad (P80.00) was not mushy enough to my liking but I like the rather superlative heat it brought with it. The only let down was the supposed to be chili paste provided in a small receptacle. It hardly provided any spice to my hot pot. 

table setting

I normally don't go for soup as my main meal but the hot pot of Seoul Garden Hot Pot delivers.

SEOUL GARDEN HOT POT

4/F Robinsons Galleria
EDSA cor Ortigas Ave. (where Chef D'Angelo formerly stood)
Quezon City


No comments:

Post a Comment