Thursday, September 27, 2012

FACE OFF: Burger Streak-From Beef, 'Shrooms & Chicken Burgers


My Baconator meal at Wendy's

If there is such a law that it is a crime to have a deep sense of affection towards hamburgers and in eating it exorbitantly then I would be guilty as charged. I'm all crazy about hamburgers. The best that I've tried, at least the ones on top of my head, were those hamburgers at D'Amburger Gastropub and Lusso. While for the most part, I enjoyed most of my hamburger experiences, there were those that doesn't really fit the bill. Most notably the flame broiled burgers that I've tried at a burger joint in SM North Edsa. I'm not going to yakety yak about the food that I tried at this burger joint. I still feel a little cringe seeping through me when I tried to remember it. All I could share to you was that the hamburger tasted so bad I avowed not to go back to that burger joint ever.

Lately, I've been on a roll visiting various burger joints in the metro. Trying out different kinds of burger patties: from traditional beef, mushroom and chicken. What excites me more, it's my first time to visit all three restaurant/burger joints where I tried the burgers. I still felt my visits to these food places were kinda limiting so I might make repeat visits in the future to get a full experience of what each burger joints has to offer.

The Beef Patty at Crave Burger:

Crave Burger

I've been meaning to try Crave Burger for quite sometime now. They have a slew of branches around the Metro but I opted to try their branch in Shopwise Libis since it's near my place and I have an errand to do in Eastwood. I was a bit disappointed when the server told me that their milkshakes were not available because they've ran out of ice cream so I settled for the Combo 1 (P190.00) which already include their signature Crave Burger, complimentary fries and a drink (my choice was red iced tea).

refreshing red iced tea

combo 1

crave burger; upclose

I just love this burger at first bite. The burger was indeed well seasoned and slightly peppery. I just wish that they use a more sturdier bun since the burger patty was thick. Too thick that a huge chunk of the burger patty slides down from the buns straight to the floor. I looked at it longingly and told myself, "Sayang!" I also appreciate that the white onions they've used were cooked till its translucent and thus it brought forth its natural sweetness. Truth be told, I really dislike raw onion and would only eat such on green salads, so that's plus points for me. 

Crave Burger; Shopwise Libis

I'm planning to go back here full-force already knowing which one to order the next time around. Hopefully, the milkshakes will be available on my return trip. Fingers crossed! ;)


G/F Shopwise Supercenter
150 E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave.
Bagumbayan, Quezon City


~~~~~~~~~ 

'Shrooms Patty at Mushroomburger:

Mushroomburger Royal and fries

Right in the middle of our sumptuous feast at Wooden Spoon, for some odd reason we started talking about Mushroomburger, a burger joint also located along Katipunan Avenue. Gael told me how deliciously good their sundaes were, called the Tornado. "It's not your ordinary sundae that you can buy from Jollibee or McDonald's." she said. My curiosity immediately got pumped up with the way she described it that I immediately suggested that we visit the burger place before we all head home. Henry gave me a strained look, wondering that I still have enough stomach space after all the food we consumed at Sandy Daza's Filipino resto. I smiled at him facetiously as I started off my seat.

Mushroomburger's counter

Tornado Choco Mallows

Mushroom Royale and Tornado

Tornado's Mixed Berries and Cookies & Cream

The Tornado variant that I tried was the Choco Mallows. I must say the texture was very much the same with the McFlurry or maybe Jollibee's Swirly Bitz. With the Choco Mallows, it has frosted chocolate covering the top part of the soft serve ice cream, with lots of nuts and mini-marshmallows thrown in between. With its price of just P35.00, this soft serve ice cream is already a winner. My companions bought the other Tornado variants, namely the Mixed Berries and the Cookies & Cream.

But of course, I wouldn't leave this burger joint if I didn't try any of their burgers. Again, Henry gave me his strained look. But it would be insane not to order any hamburgers when you visit a burger joint, wouldn't you agree? He-he! 

I ordered the Mushroomburger Royal and a small fries to go with it. I like the Royal burger. It tasted very much like the 'real thing'. An egg omelette was also thrown in aside from the mushroom patty. Not really sure if the burger patty was 100% made from mushroom. Some say it's a mix of beef and mushroom. I only lament that I tried Mushroomburger just days after I tried Crave. So I can't help myself but compare the two. With me rooting for the former, naturally. Nevertheless, it's a healthier alternative especially for those craving for a burger but doesn't want beef (or only want just a minimal amount of beef) on their patty. ;)


The entire time that we're inside the burger joint, the loudspeakers played Christmas songs non-stop. I felt like we fast forward into the future and it's already indeed the Holiday season. Which brings me to ask how many days do we have left before Christmas? ;)


297 Katipunan Ave.
Loyola Heights, Quezon City


~~~~~~~~~ 

Chicken Burger at H.I.D. Burgers

H.I.D. BLT

I'm always curious to try H.I.D. (Healthy Irresistible Delicious) Burgers after several of my Facebook friends posted pictures of eating here and they seem to like it so much. Thanks to the ever reliable Google Maps, I was able to know the exact location of this burger joint which is right beside a gasoline station in Imelda Avenue in Cainta.

inside H.I.D.

counter

The burger joint is an open space restaurant that is very much similar to Hassan. It also incorporates a similar vibe with the inclusion of alternative music by Nirvana, My Chemical Romance and Avril Lavigne's old hits blasting from the burger joint's loudspeakers. I could imagine this place is smokin' with youth crowd especially on weekend nights. But on this early afternoon visit, I only spied a handsome couple midway through their burger orders as I head to the counter positioned off-kilter to place orders of my own.

H.I.D. BLT burger w/ Mug root beer and squirt bottles for ketchup & hot sauce

BLT upclose

I had the H.I.D. BLT Premium (P130.00), which means there's two patties of their chicken burgers along with bacon, lettuce and tomatoes. I super like this chicken burgers of H.I.D. Very juicy and with enough kick of spice from the chili sauce that grazed ever so slightly the burger buns. I also added more of the chili sauce and some ketchup for flavor and more spice. It's quite messy to eat, too. With some of the juice dripping from the burger as I took a big bite. Aside from the burger being a little too salty for my taste, I have no complains. This is one big mighty burger meal with value for money in mind. The Wedge Fries (P40.00) was a perfect partner with the burger but I like to eat it as is instead of dipping the fries on the provided dressing.

H.I.D. Burgers don't offer beverages of any kind so you would need to order your choice of drinks to its next door neighbor, a liquor store named Boozer's. Since, I'm not really a drinker and I don't feel like drinking booze at three in the afternoon so I just had a Mug rootbeer in can.

H.I.D. Burgers; Phoenix Gas Station

Thinking of ordering the Cheese Bomb and the Sicilian burgers the next time I head back to H.I.D. Might also try as well their Chon Wings, their own take to the ever popular Korean fried chicken.






















Phoenix Gas Station
Imelda Ave., Cainta Rizal

217-8086


~~~~~~~~~
Kiss Burger at The Chocolate Kiss Cafe

I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be the last that I'll feature hamburgers joints and hamburger food on this site. But don't you worry, I won't inundate you with posts that's only about hamburgers. Like I said before, I want to incorporate a bit of variety on my site. A word of caution though, it would be frequent. Like a recurring theme or a recurring character in a TV series. But I would restrain myself and impose a little control on my part if I already deem it a bit too much. He-he! Ciao for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment