Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy 1st Year, Gobbldeygook's Corner!

Salted Caramel Mocha & Coffee Crumb Cake

It's been a year now since I started this little diary of mine online. I never would have thought that it would last this long. I have a bad habit of starting something but never actually have the sustaining power to really finish it. To prove this point, I still have an unfinished novella entitled "Pinakatatagong Lihim (Well Kept Secret)" hidden (pun unintended) in my computer's hard drive that occasionally winks at me whenever I happen to stumble upon it, somehow mocking me for letting her gather dusts with fears of finally succumbing to extinction. I do intend to finish it. Hopefully, before the year ends. I also intend to brush up my writing skills when it comes to prose. I could imagine if I started writing again (or continue my unfinished prose story), it would be a bit rusty. Not that I intend it to be published. Most of the prose stories and manuscripts that I write were somehow 'not publishable', but it gives me a great sense of fulfillment whenever I finish a certain prose or story. And I kinda miss that feeling.


Premium Hot Choco

I might not have started this blog (but I'd rather call it my 'online diary' since that's how I really see it) in the first place if not for my friend Charlene Rodriguez who broach the idea to me on my personal Facebook account. I felt excited of putting my thoughts and opinions on that massive data-centric universe known as the World Wide Web in a form of a blog but also felt dubious at the same time. Would anyone ever read my posts or would anyone even care? But after a year, I was quite happy with the considerable amount of hits and visit that my online diary receives each month. And for that I'm very much grateful. I never really intended for this blog to focus mainly on food, but I just couldn't help it. I love food and the pleasures that comes with it. Partly because I started this online diary heavily influenced by the food blogs that I follow. But I intend to put a bit of diversity on my future posts on this blog and feature not just about food but also everyday experiences or other stuff that I might find interesting and can be shared online. Hope this won't bore you to death. Hehehe! ;)

Trade paperback copy of 11/22/63 by Stephen King

I also wanted to be more active on reading this time around and maybe share about a thing or two about the book that I've enjoyed reading. I'm about done on a Dean Koontz psycho-thriller so that might be the first one that will be posted here. But just to share to you, folks, I'm really a huge Stephen King fan. I practically have most of his books and published works. That's why I always awaits for updates and so much in agog if there's an announcement of a new book or project from my favorite author. But I'm such a slowpoke when it comes to reading that I practically have a big pile of novels at my disposal. I'm still clueless which one to start with after I'm done with the Dean Koontz's book.

Sweet Potato Cake & Chocolate Yogurt Chiru

Seven Cheese Overloaded Pizza

Four Cheese Pizza

I haven't been posting as much as before on my online diary because of personal things that I need to attend to. Plus I also wanted my next feature to be something special for this anniversary month of my site. Hoping that you stay tuned for that. For now, eat good food but also not forget to feed your brain by reading a good book as well. Cheers to good life!

Cappuccino & Reese's Chocolate Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment