Saturday, September 8, 2012

The High End Tea Place Of 'Em All

coconut milk tea at Da.u.de

Milk tea places stormed the metro around third quarter of last year. It also created quite a cult following. Some of them pledged allegiance to one particular milk tea brand and would not even budge to try out any other brands. I, myself, became addicted to milk teas at one point and did my own rounds. But this new tea place at BGC excites me the most. So far, this has been the chicest, trendiest tea place that I've ever been. Hands down!


shelves with stack up tea in colorful canisters

elegant interiors

the wall "graffitea"

Da.u.de Tea Lounge is one of the newest happenings in the foodie scene at Bonifacio Global City. It's an attempt to introduce couture tea blends, as well as tea-infused artisan food and pastries to discerning tea enthusiasts. The interior exudes elegance and class with predominant colors of black, white, silver and gray. I was captivated by that high shelves situated in front of where I seated that was stacked with colorful canisters of their tea selections. Onto my left, a playful touch of concentric circles (or it could also be giant hoop earrings) attached to the wall (which they call the wall 'graffitea') where some well-known celebrities had the privilege to write on it.

coconut genmaicha

Skala tomato soup

The selections of their tea blends are extensive. Quite extensive that I had a moment of panic on which one to order. I decided to chose from their Specialty Blends that was sub-divided into three categories which are Young, Well and Spiked. The Young category is for the juvenile and the juvenile-at-heart who just love bubble milk teas. Well is for the health conscious that features low to zero calorie tea blends. These are tea drinks that may boost your energy or aid you on your dietary needs. The third one is Spiked which they also call spirited drinks. These are more like cocktail drinks infused with tea. That third category sounds exciting!

But I decided to get my drink from the Young category on this visit, maybe because I'm still young at heart (violent reactions are welcome he-he!). My drink of choice was the Coconut Genmaicha (P180.00) which has coconut green tea and coconut cream topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and toasted pinipig (rice crispy). I never thought that coconut cream and tea would go so well. The drink was also not too sweet. But if you're so inclined, you could always ask for additional syrup to dribble into your drink if you find the sweetness lacking.

I absolutely love the Skala Tomato Soup (P160.00). Tangy tasting and herby. There's a slight spicy, peppery flavor to it that lingers on each sip. Yummy!

Challah French toasts

dribbled w/ maple syrup

I'm a big breakfast person so when I spied the Challah French Toast (390.00) on today's menu, the choice became so much easier. Challah is a traditional Jewish bread usually eaten during Sabbath or holidays. It's also called braided bread because its was made with rolled dough pieces that was literally braided together before baking. I was presented with two quite chunky slices of the challah bread but its pillowy soft and tender. I asked for some maple syrup to drizzle over it. I bite, chew and felt bliss. The egg was perfectly cooked to my liking. The yolk quite runny but not too raw. The sausages has a smoky, slight peppery taste to it. A good breakfast food, indeed, this is.

Tea Brulee

To finish off my meal, I had the Tea Brulee (P150.00). a tea infused creme brulee with a slightly burnished top. Creamy custard that quivers into nothingness once inside my mouth. 

Da.u.de Tea Lounge; BGC

I belatedly read from Anton Diaz's feature on Da.u.de that they offer secret dishes not found on their printed menu. Their selections of hand rolled pizzas which are part of the secret menu seem too tempting to resist. Might check those out on my next visit as well as the Spiked drink for a little alcohol kick on my tea. *wink*


4th Ave and 26th Street
G/F Net Lima Building
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig

854-4187

we.lovedaude.com
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment